I am a freelance writer, editor, teacher trainer, TOT and educational consultant in the field of teaching English. I have been involved in the field of ELT since 2000 and have written a number of school textbooks and reference materials for private and government institutions in Nepal. I have been facilitating and conducting several teacher training and trainer training programmes for English teachers all over the country. Some of my ELT series are:
1. Mirror English Series 1 to 8 (Readmore Publishers and Distributors)
2. Maxim English Grammar Series 1 to 10 (Readmore Publishers and Distributors)
3. Language Link English Series Book 1 to 8 (Times International Publication)
4. The Supplement English Series Book 1 to 10 (Times International Publication)
5. Syntax Plus – A Writing Series (Green Books)
6. KINDERFUN – A Pre-primer Series (Green Books)
7. Our English Books (Grade 2, 4 and 5) An English series for public schools from CDC
Some other publications:
- The Easiest Way to Compulsory English (Satyal Publication –S.L.C. Practice Book) -2000
- A series of Optional English Reader – 2001
- Literary Reading Series 1 to 7 -2003 (Satyal Publication)
- An Intermediate English Practice Book – First Year (Satyal Publication) 2003
- Support Listening Materials for Grade One for UNICEF under supervision of Distant Education Center, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur-2005
- Support Listening Materials for Primary Teachers, Distant Education Center, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur-2004.
- Support Listening Materials for Lower Secondary and Secondary Teachers. Distant Education Center, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur-2005
- Support Visual Materials for Lower Secondary and Secondary Teachers. Distant Education Center, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur-2005
- Our English – A textbook for Grade Two (Co-Author), CDC, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur. 2003
- Our English – A Textbook for Grade Four (Co-Author), CDC, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur. 2005
- Our English – A Textbook for Grade Five (Co-Author), CDC , Sanothimi, Bhaktapur. 2005
- Multi Resource Comprehension Passages (Satyal Publication)
- Basic English Grammar for Grade IX and X (Satyal Publication) 2005
- 35 Model Sets (writer) – Readmore Publishers and Distributors, 2009
- Readmore English Practice Book (Readmore Publishers and Distributors)
- A manual for Pre-primary Teachers (Green Books)
I began writing textbooks in 2000 AD and since then, I have been writing different kinds of textbooks and reference materials for school students based on the curriculum and specification grid prescribed by the Curriculum Development Centre of Nepal. Before I started writing textbooks, I had been working as an English teacher in some of the reputed schools and colleges of the Kathmandu Valley for more than ten years.
I am currently working on my important series Connect – Reading and Writing ( A series for writing paragraphs and essays) and Start To Read (An Early programmer – a series for pre-primers). At present I am working as a writer and editor mainly for Readmore Publishers and Distributors and some other private publishing houses.
Getting quarries from teachers and students from all over Nepal regarding my textbooks, as is my wont, has been a routine of my daily work. I love responding to them, and I am grateful to all of them for using my textbooks and making my series one of the best sellers in Nepal.
D N Mukhiya